Keep Wild Lands Beautiful
- Stay on established trails and keep away from tree farms, nurseries, and orchards. Plants and young trees are vulnerable to severe damage from snowmobiles.
- Avoid disturbing or harassing wildlife. If you encounter animals on the trail, stay seated and either continue slowly or stop until the animals depart. Be especially cautious if you encounter moose, which tend to remain on the trail.
- In the winter, animals need to conserve energy to survive, so don't frighten them into using energy unnecessarily.
- Maintain your snowmobile according to your owner's manual. An improperly adjusted track system hurts performance and increases emissions and noise.
- Excessive noise from snowmobiles often makes them unwelcome with other snowmobilers, as well as with others nearby. Maintain and operate your snowmobile to minimize noise.