Responding After an Accident
If an accident results in death, personal injury, or property damage, the operator of the snowmobile must stop and give to the other party or to a police officer:
- The name and address of the operator and …
- The name and address of the snowmobile's owner and …
- The registration number of the snowmobile.
If neither a police officer nor the person who was damaged is present, the operator must report the accident immediately to the nearest law enforcement agency.
An operator of a snowmobile also must send a written accident report to the DCNR within seven days if the accident resulted in:
- Injury or death of a person or …
- Estimated property damage of $100 or more.
Accident forms are available from the DCNR Bureau of Forestry, State Park Offices, and state police stations. They also can be printed from the DCNR website.