Avoiding Prohibited Use
Pennsylvania law designates the following operating practices as illegal. It is illegal to:
- Operate a snowmobile at a rate of speed that is unreasonable or improper under existing conditions or in excess of the maximum posted speed limits.
- Operate a snowmobile in a careless way that would endanger the person or property of another.
- Operate a snowmobile while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance.
- Operate or ride in a snowmobile with a firearm or a bow and arrows unless the gun is unloaded or the bow is unstrung.
- Drive or pursue any game or wildlife with a snowmobile.