Snowmobiles may be operated on:
- State-owned property that is clearly marked and previously designated as a snowmobile route.
- A road, trail, or area on state park or state forest land that is designated and marked by the DCNR as open for snowmobile use or when the operator has specific written permission to operate on the road, trail, or area.
- Highways and streets by persons who are 16 years of age or older:
- During an emergency that is declared by an agency having jurisdiction or…
- When necessary to cross a bridge or culvert or…
- During special events with a permit from the governmental agency having jurisdiction.