Skip to main content
Skip audio player
- Make sure the size stamped on the ball hitch on the towing vehicle is the same size that is stamped on the trailer’s coupler.
- Make sure the ball hitch lever is latched properly.
- Cross safety chains under the tongue, and latch them to the towing vehicle’s frame.
- Latch the trailer bed properly.
- Check wheel bearings for proper lubrication.
- Check tire pressure (proper PSI).
- Check lug nuts. Are they tight, or are some missing?
- Is there a spare trailer tire?
- If your trailer has brakes (electric or hydraulic), make sure they work.
- Test all lights—left turn, right turn, brake, rear, and license plate.
- Make sure the front ends of the snowmobiles are secured to the trailer using a bar. Secure the rear ends with a ratchet-type load binder.
- Unit 1 of 6
- Topic 4 of 5
- Page 3 of 4