Here are some facts about registering your snowmobile.
- The owner of a snowmobile must notify the Michigan Department of State by turning in the certificate of registration within 15 days if:
- The snowmobile is destroyed, abandoned, or sold
- An interest in the snowmobile is transferred either entirely or in part to another person
- The owner’s address changes
- If a valid registration decal is lost, mutilated, or illegible, the owner of the snowmobile may obtain a replacement decal by submitting proof of registration and a $5 fee.