Operating on Roads
You must obey the following Montana laws when operating your snowmobile.
Operating on Roads: Snowmobiles may be operated on maintained streets, roads, or highways only if:
- The roadway is covered by snow to the extent that travel is impossible by other motor vehicles
- The local government allows snowmobiles to travel on plowed roads where wheeled vehicles operate
- The operator has:
- A motor vehicle driver's license or …
- A snowmobile safety certificate and operates under the visual supervision of an adult 18 years or older.
Crossing Roads: Be careful when crossing any type of road. You must:
- Come to a complete stop.
- Make sure no traffic is coming from any direction.
- Cross at a right angle to the traffic.