Skip to main content

Course Outline

Here are the registration requirements for snowmobiles not registered in Montana.

  • For any snowmobile not registered in Montana, you must have a current non-resident permit to operate your machine legally on Montana public lands.
  • Permits can be purchased from vendors or FWP offices. They also are available online.
  • Permits expire on June 30.
Montana–Non-resident smb permit
  • Unit 6 of 6
  • Topic 2 of 4
  • Page 3 of 3