Minimizing Your Impact on Wildlife
Snowmobiles traveling through wildlife’s winter habitat can disturb or displace the animals, causing them to burn energy unnecessarily. To minimize your impact on wintering animals, follow these guidelines.
- Avoid winter habitats whenever possible.
- Do not linger around wild animals. Continue moving in a steady, deliberate fashion.
- Never chase, harass, or rally wildlife.
- Keep your snowmobile well tuned to minimize noise and pollution.
- Avoid areas designated as “closed” for wildlife protection.