Snowmobiles traveling through wildlife’s winter habitat can disturb or displace the animals, causing them to burn energy unnecessarily. To minimize your impact on wintering animals, follow these guidelines.
- Avoid winter habitats whenever possible.
- Do not linger around wild animals. Continue moving in a steady, deliberate fashion.
- Never chase, harass, or rally wildlife.
- Keep your snowmobile well tuned to minimize noise and pollution.
- Avoid areas designated as “closed” for wildlife protection.