Here are the requirements for the Snowmobile Safety Certificate:
- Anyone born after January 1, 1985, who is 12 years of age and older must have a valid Snowmobile Safety Certificate to operate a snowmobile in public areas.
- You must keep the safety certificate with you while snowmobiling, and you must show it to a law enforcement officer when requested.
- To receive a safety certificate, you must take and pass a snowmobile safety course that is sponsored by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
- All riders under 16 years of age must take a classroom course.
- Riders 16 years of age and older may take a classroom course or an online course.
- For information about safety courses, contact the nearest DNR office or visit the DNR website.