Your snowmobile should have the following equipment:
- A white headlight and a taillight, both of which must be on at night or when you are riding on a highway right-of-way
- At least one brake, operated by hand or by foot
- Side marker reflectors (if manufactured after July 1, 1972)
- A muffler in good working order
- You cannot modify the exhaust in a way that will exceed the original noise level from the manufacturer.
- For snowmobiles manufactured after July 1, 1975, the combined noise level from the exhaust and engine also cannot exceed 88 decibels.