About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the timed Vermont Snowmobile Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Snowmobile Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Operating a Snowmobile on the SSTS

  • Anyone snowmobiling on the SSTS must have a valid Trails Maintenance Assessment (TMA) Pass.
  • Display the TMA decal on the snowmobile to the left of the registration decal.
  • A copy of the TMA application receipt must be carried in the snowmobile at all times.
  • A TMA is not required to operate on frozen bodies of water that are not a part of the SSTS.
VAST Decal
Trail Maintenance Assessment/Trail (TMA) Pass Decal:
TMA decals must be placed to the left of the registration decal.