Maintaining a Clean, Quiet Machine
Beyond the pre-season checkup and maintenance, you can follow these suggestions to make sure your snowmobile runs cleaner and quieter.
- Use high-grade oil and gasoline, which burn cleaner.
- Tune the engine for your altitude, including the proper carburetor jet setting, which improves fuel efficiency and reduces emissions.
- Change the spark plugs at least once during the season to ensure efficient fuel burning.
- Avoid opening and closing the throttle continuously, which causes inefficient fuel burning and increases emissions and noise.
- Don’t tamper with your exhaust pipes as that causes the machine to exceed legal noise limits.