Equipping a Snowmobile
Your snowmobile should have the following equipment.
- Working headlight with a clear lens
- Red rear light
- Windshield free from sharp or jagged edges, or eye protection
- Fully functional brake in good condition
- Efficient exhaust system
- The system must not exceed 73 decibels on the A scale at 50 feet away in a normal operating environment.
- Replacement “after-market” exhaust systems that exceed the manufacturer's original equipment specifications are illegal.
While on the SSTS, you must wear:
- A safety helmet approved by the Department of Transportation
- Eyeglasses, goggles, or face shield, if a windshield is not present on the snowmobile