Operating on Roads and Highways
On highways other than toll ways, interstate highways, and fully or limited access controlled highways, the following laws apply.
- You may cross these highways at a 90-degree angle to the roadway. To do so,
- Select a crossing point where no obstruction prevents a quick and safe crossing and …
- Bring your snowmobile to a complete stop before crossing the roadway and …
- Yield the right-of-way to all oncoming traffic.
- You must operate your snowmobile at least 10 feet from the highway and in the same direction as the traffic.
- You may operate on these highways when it is necessary to:
- Cross a bridge or culvert or …
- Reach an area adjacent to a highway where snowmobile operation is allowed.