Avoiding Prohibited Areas
Operate Only in Allowed Areas means you may operate only in areas open to snowmobile use. You may not operate a snowmobile:
- In a forest nursery, planting area, or public land where growing plants or animals may be damaged
- On any property without the consent of the landowner or tenant
- On a railroad track or its right-of-way
- In or on a flowing river, stream, or creek, except for the purpose of crossing by the shortest possible route
- On or across a cemetery or burial ground
Snowmobile Trail Maps and Information
For detailed information on snowmobile trails, contact the DNR Customer Service Center.
- Call 317-232-4200 or 877-463-6367.
- Access the DNR’s snowmobile trails webpage.