IC 9-18-2.5-3; IC 9-18-2.5-4; IC 9-18-2.5-6
- If you operate a snowmobile on public property, it must be registered.
- The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) manages off-road vehicle (ORV) and snowmobile registrations. You can complete registration and other related transactions at any BMV branch in Indiana or online at the BMV website.
- Upon approval of the application, the DNR will issue two registration decals and a Certificate of Registration containing the vehicle number.
- The Certificate of Registration must be carried on the snowmobile and made available for inspection by law enforcement officers.
- For previously unregistered snowmobiles, a bill of sale can serve in lieu of the Certificate of Registration for 31 days from the purchase date.
- If your snowmobile is currently registered and you wish to renew, follow the instructions on the DNR website.