Using Your Head
Among the most important safety features on a snowmobile are you and your brain.
- Use your brain to make good choices about where and when to ride.
- Constantly scan, evaluate, and adjust your riding to the terrain and conditions.
- THINK about your actions and the consequences of your behavior.
- Make good, ethical, and safe decisions before and during your ride.
- Wear your helmet, and protect your head.
Other ways to stay safe and help reduce the number of snowmobile accidents include:
- Taking a snowmobile safety course
- Never using drugs or alcohol while snowmobiling
- Slowing down, especially at night
- Never traveling alone
- Learning and observing state laws and local ordinances