Snowmobile State Trail Stickers
A Snowmobile State Trail Sticker is required to operate on state trails or grant-in-aid trails in Minnesota.
- If your snowmobile has a trail-use registration, the Snowmobile State Trail Sticker is part of your registration decal.
- You must purchase a Snowmobile State Trail Sticker separately if your snowmobile:
- Is registered in another state or country or…
- Has a collector registration for unlimited use.
- The separate sticker is valid for one year from November 1 to June 30.
- The separate sticker must be displayed on the forward half of the snowmobile, directly above or below the headlight.
- If you violate this law and operate a snowmobile without a Snowmobile State Trail Sticker, you will be required to purchase an annual penalty sticker for a higher fee. You also may be required to pay a fine.
- A Snowmobile State Trail Sticker is not required for a snowmobile that is:
- Being used to groom a state or grant-in-aid trail
- Owned by the federal government, an Indian tribal government, another state, or a political subdivision
- Being operated with a permit for a collector snowmobile
- Being operated on a trail owned by the snowmobile’s owner, spouse, child, or parent