Avoiding Prohibited Activities
It is illegal to:
- Exceed the speed limit. Do NOT operate at a speed that:
- Is greater than what is reasonable given the current trail, terrain, and visibility conditions.
- Is greater than 50 mph on any public lands or waters.
- Exceeds the posted speed limits on a trail.
- Is greater than the posted speed limit or 50 mph, whichever is LOWER, while riding in a ditch.
- Exceeds any locally posted speed limits for snowmobiles.
- Trespass. You may NOT:
- Disregard signs that prohibit riding in an area.
- Enter legally posted land or agricultural land without permission.
- Operate in any area that the landowner says is closed.
- Operate off the groomed portions of marked state trails.
- Harm any animals. You may NOT:
- Chase, run over, or kill a wild animal.
- Wound or kill a domestic animal.