Goggles or Face Shield Keeps Debris out of Your Eyes
Benefits of Eye Protection
- Branches, falling snow, and road debris can impair your vision and jeopardize your safety.
- By shading your eyes, goggles or a face shield minimizes glare and distorted vision in bright sunlight.
Note: Neither the snowmobile windshield nor sunglasses protect adequately.
Eye Protection Selection
- Ideally, combine sunglasses and a helmet-mounted face shield, which also widens the field of vision and keeps your face warmer. Sunglasses reduce glare and enhance contrast for better vision. They also reduce harmful ultraviolet rays that are concentrated when sunlight reflects off snow.
- Purchase goggles with prescription lenses if necessary.
- Wear lenses tinted for your lighting conditions: gray for bright days, yellow for overcast days, and clear for nights.
- Make sure eye protection is scratch-free, shatter-resistant, securely fastened, and well-ventilated to avoid fogging.