Before Starting Your Snowmobile
Always go through the front-to-back inspection process before you start riding for the day.
Accidents sometimes occur when a driver starts a snowmobile but is not prepared to take control of it immediately. To start safely:
- Point the machine in a safe direction.
- Position yourself to control the machine when it starts.
- Set the parking brake.
- Set the key and the engine stop switch (also sometimes known as a safety switch) to the “on” position.
- If your engine is cold, choke or prime it.
- If your machine has a reverse gear, be sure the snowmobile is in a forward gear before you start off.