About the Study Guide

You are looking at a preview of what’s in the Montana Snowmobile Ed Course. Feel free to look around, but you’ll need to register to begin progress toward getting your Snowmobile Safety Education Certificate.

Learn More Register for the Course

Nonresident permit
  • For any snowmobile not registered in Montana, you must have a current nonresident permit to operate your machine legally on Montana public lands.
  • Permits can be purchased from vendors or FWP offices. They also are available online at http://fwp.mt.gov/recreation/permits
  • Permits expire on June 30.