More Prohibited Activities
You may NOT:
- Operate in a careless, reckless, or negligent manner. Careless driving includes:
- Speeding, especially when riding near non-motorized trail users, trailheads, buildings, livestock, and wildlife and also when approaching blind hills
- Riding on prohibited roads
- Not obeying signs and regulations
- Destroy private property.
- Pass through a closed gate without closing it behind you.
- Cut wires or tear down a fence to enter or leave any property.
- Mutilate, destroy, damage, or remove any property on a state or grant-in-aid trail.
- Post, damage, or remove any signs on land or water unless you are the property’s landowner, occupant, or lessee.
- Operate in a way that causes erosion or rutting, damages or destroys trees, or damages or destroys growing crops on state forest lands.
- Operate a snowmobile that has metal traction devices if you are on a paved public trail that is posted as closed to studded tracks.
- Operate on state forest trails where deer may be taken by a rifle during deer hunting season unless you have a deer hunting license. With a deer license, you may only operate your snowmobile during certain hours.