Snowmobile Basics—Before You Ride
Know Your Snowmobile
Different types of snowmobiles have their own handling characteristics. It’s important for you to study your owner’s manual and understand how to operate your particular model.
Snowmobiling can be a fun, safe sport, but it can be hazardous if you’re reckless, inattentive, or uninformed about the snowmobile you’re driving.
A safe snowmobiler seeks out equipment with the Label of Certification from the Snowmobile Safety and Certification Committee.
The Six Traits of a Safe Snowmobiler
- Understands the mechanics of the machine
- Has respect for its capabilities and its limitations
- Knows how to maneuver through a variety of operating conditions
- Knows the laws governing snowmobiles
- Uses good judgment
- Respects others and the environment